Thursday, December 23, 2010

Full Term

So I'm 37 weeks now. Charlotte is offically full term so if she came now it wouldn't be a big deal. Well whenever she is born it will be a HUGE deal but you know what I mean.
I had my appointment today and everything looks good. My blood pressure was fine (122/80) and her heart rate was fine (164). I've gained alot of weight since last week so I'm kinda depressed:( I'm a fatty fatty. I can't even fit in some of my maternity stuff anymore. I can't wear my maternity jeans anymore. I'm not comfortable wearing any of my shoes. The shoes I wore today kinda hurt my feet, but not as much as my other shoes do. So I totally get the whole barefoot and pregnant deal. Jacob says that I'm swelling and holding fluid so that's why I've gained alot of weight but I still think its fat. ok pitty party about my expanding body is over;)

Last week they tested me for the GSB . I asked the doctor about it today and they told me I tested positive for it so that kinda sucks. I'm still not really sure what it is. Apparently some women are carriers of this certain kind of bacteria. Though it doesn't cause me any harm, it could cause a bad infection with the baby. So they have to start me on IV antibiotics when I go into labor for at least 4 hours before she's born. Everyone (the doctor and Jacob) seems to act like its not a big deal. So I won't worry too much about it. It does mean that I'll have to stay atleast 48 hours at the hospital though.

In other news, we are having my mom, her husband, my brother and his girlfriend over tomorrow for Christmas lunch and I haven't even started cleaning our house. ugh. It's FILTY. I'm tired, it's almost 8:30pm and Jacob is still watching the Memphis game so I'm thinking we have a long night ahead of us...

We still have so much that we need to finish before Charlotte gets here. I'm stressing out a lil bit.

ok I'd better start being productive.

Merry Christmas !!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and congrats on being full term! I can't believe you're due in three weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Just a few more weeks :) I'm w/ Jacob on the weight gain, probably just fluid, and you shouldn't worry about it. Plus it's the holidays! I think Jeff's even put on 5-8lbs in the last couple weeks. I tested positive too and had to do the antibiotics. I'm w/ Jacob on this too, no worries! Love you!

    ReplyDelete