Sunday, September 19, 2010

Le Tired

That's French for I'm tired. ha
Last week was kinda rough because I woke up everyday feeling like I hadn't sleep much at all. I can't remember being so tired. Friday night Jacob and I ordered some Outback to-go and planned on watching a movie at home but I was in bed by like 9:30pm. Saturay was a waste beacuse I slept in til like 10:30am (keep in mind I didn't get to sleep straight through the night- I had to pee like 5 times, let the dogs out, let the dogs in, yell at the dogs for being too loud while mommy is sleeping. lol) but all in all I should have been rested when I got up. I wasn't. Exhausted. I finally got a shower and decided a trip to Hobby Lobby would perk me up. Nope, it just wore me out and I didn't buy anything. Then I got a strawberry milkshake on the way home. It was great. Then I laid around and napped for about an hour until Jacob got home and coaxed me out of bed with the promise of food. We went to Spaghetti Store with Caroline, BethAnn, and Emily T and that was fun times. The only downside is that it was hot as crap in there and I sat there with sweat running down my face. Then me and Jacob went to Dairy Queen:) Then I laid on the couch for a while watching tv then went to bed. I got up today at about 10am and and hour later, I'm ready for a nap. I've been stalking people's baby registries online and messing with my blog in an attempt to stay awake.

I really do have alot to do around the house. Last weekend I started cleaning out the soon to be baby's room and there is still tons left to do in there- it's kind of a junk room where everything goes that we don't have a place for. I also need to vaccuum, clean the kitchen, and fold the laundry that Jacob washed and dried like 5 days ago and is sitting on top of the dryer all wrinkled. I need to walk the dogs. I dunno maybe a little nap would be good. I feel so lazy. I thought the 2nd trimester was the fun time when you have all kinds of energy? guess not.

In other news, Jacob and I are planning a lil trip to Chicago for our anniversary:) I'm pretty excited. We are going the weekend before our actually anniversary (Monday Oct.25) we are off Thursday and Friday so we will have a nice long weekend. Jacob's cousin and her husband live there and we are going to see them while we are there. Anyone have any good ideas for hotels, food, and fun? I've only been to Chicago once and it was on business, when I worked for Beneficial/HSBC. I was there a week but we actually worked and stayed in the suburbs and only drove into downtown Chicago once to eat and walk around Navy Pier. So I don't really count that as a trip to Chicago- I mean I didn't even have Chicago style pizza or a hot dog even once!

We went to Target Friday night to look at baby stuff while waiting on our Outback order and I think we have found a travel system we like (no over 30lb car seat yet, but we have time) it's the Eddie Bauer Trailmaker travel system in Sinclair. Honestly, what first drew us to it is that it is pretty and we think it is gender neutral. It feels really sturdy. All the online customer reviews are great but I haven't found any safety ratings yet. I am so ready to start registering for everything. I keep seeing things and thinking I'm sure we'll need that. I haven't been writting them down just keeping them in my head so we shall see how much I remember. ha
We just have to find a good time that me and Jacob are both off work so we can go together. I know you can do it online but I would rather go to the store first so we can touch everything then add online stuff later if need be.
I already have a baby shower planned :) yay! Haley, Lauren, Kelly and Lindsay are throwing me a shower towards the end of Novemeber. I can't imagine how big I will be then. Jacob swears I'm bigger everyday. But I don't feel much bigger than I was last week. Though when I wear one of my old tshirts around the house it's pretty funny because it's too short and part of my belly shows.
In Waldo news, he has been acting super strange lately. He usually (by usually, I mean always) lays on the back of the couch or in his bed, but there have been a couple times I couldn't find him and he was hiding under the coffee table (which he only does when he's scared) or he was asleep on our guest bed (he hardly ever goes in there). The other night before bed he went outside and peed and pooped then the next morning when I got up he had pooped by my side of the bed ( I can't remember the last night he pooped in the house) and Friday night he peed in the living room right in front of Jacob. He doesn't react to change well and I'm sure he can sense that change is a comin'. Poor Waldo. Hopefully he will get his act together soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Waldo... It's so hard when the dogs have been your babies for so long. Chloe totally knows that something is up-- like I mentioned, she's peed on our bed three times. (She's three and a half years old and was potty trained in less than two weeks when she was 6 weeks old. She's never had an accident before this!

    We tested out a muzzle on her a week or so ago-- she was definitely annoyed at first but she calmed down and wore it for about an hour. We gave her treats when we put it on and took it off and gave her lots of praise while she was wearin it. She's never been aggressive towards us, but we just worry that she'll be extremely jealous of the baby.

    I'm hopeful that after a few days and lots of licks and sniffs, the two of them will be best buds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of Chicago! I wanted to go for our anniversary, but we're going to a Black Crowes concert instead. Dustin and Heather saw them in NC and Dustin said he had a "happiness breakdown"! He hadn't had that much fun in a long time.

    Love the travel system! Good choice! Jeff didn't care one bit about what I registered for, so I did it all on my own and with my Mom. Good thing Jacob wants to help!

    Yay for your shower!!! And, I hope Waldo does sense the change and gets ready for Princess H! Especially if she has that cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete