Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions


We made the decision on the crib (see above). It is an antique white finish. I don't like the dresser and changer that is part of the set so I we need to find an antique white dresser and changer somewhere else... hmm...
Also I made the decision on the bedding, we are getting it made by a lady on etsy. She sent me a pic of a quilt she is working on now (trim isn't on it yet)


This is the front:


This is the back of the quilt:

Now I'm trying to decide on a car seat, stroller, or travel system. But there are several problems... I'm leaning towards the travel system because it looks so convenient and the infant carrier fits into the car seat dock in the car and then fits into the stroller BUT I want a gender neutral set and can't find one. Also, I the car seat in that set only goes up to 20 lbs then we would need the bigger car seat. Or I could get the convertible car seat that holds a newborn then converts to a forward facing seat up to 80lbs. But would I need to get an infant carrier too? I don't know what's the best way to go? blah

Maybe I should switch to something easier like a high chair or pack n play but that's no good because I may want to have everything match. lol

Ok bottom line, tell me about your car seat, stroller, travel system situation.

4 comments:

  1. We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 (holds up to 30 lbs). I LOVE the car seat, the stroller is great too, but is pretty bulky. It does have "shocks", cup holder, and lots of storage which is GREAT for a trip to the mall. Our pack-n-play does match, but we opted not to get a high chair. We have a small one that sits in a chair and converts to a booster chair, etc. I'm a fan of not having that extra piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose the expedition travel system by baby trend. It is SO much lighter than the Chicco one and much easier to manuever because it's a 3 wheeled jogger type. We registered for an extra base for my husband (which was only $40) but then also registered for a convertible carseat that goes 5-100lbs by evenflo. The travel system is green, silver and black so I think it will be fine for boy or girl.

    As for high chair we got a space saver by fisher price. All my mommy friends swear by it because it doesn't take up a whole spot and it's easy to keep clean. Our pack and play are both Laguna pattern by Graco. The pattern is more boy than unisex but they are obviously staying in the house so I felt like it won't matter as much.

    I LOVE THE QUILT! Have you looked at jcpenney.com? They have quite a few dressers in antique white?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the same crib that we have! I love our car seat and stroller, but they did not come as a system. It does hold up to 32 pounds though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You changed your mind about bedding a lot! I got the Baby Trend system and I didn't like the way you have to hook the car seat but other than that it's convenient. My stroller is a traditional one and I like that for storing packages underneath :) The car seat without my fat baby in it weighed 10.4 lbs. That seemed heavy to me. Mine was pea green and chocolate brown which looked gender neutral. It only holds babies up to 30 inches(she's 29 1/2) so I'm looking for a new one now that will hold her til she needs a booster.

    ReplyDelete