I haven't slept well since before Christmas. Thursday night I slept 7 hours straight- it was glorious! Friday night wasn't terrible, but I woke up 2 or 3 times. Tonight (or last night- Saturday night) I went to bed around 11ish and I finally got up a lil before 4 because I had already woken up 3 times. I've had a cold since like Tuesday night/Wednesday and I thought I had gotten better but yesterday I started feeling crappy again. I have been sneezing constantly, running nose, coughing and congested. ugh. My eyes are so itchy and puffy I can't sleep. I took some sudafed a little bit ago so my plan is to stay up until I'm exhausted and then sleep the whole day today (Sunday) sounds good...in theory. I'll get back to you on how that works out for me.
Even though I've felt crappy this weekend we have gotten alot done on the cleaning the house/preparing for baby front. We took down all of our Christmas decorations and stashed them in the attic and we nearly have all of our presents put away. I did some organizing in the baby room and we have decided where we want to hang the stuff on the walls. We picked out curtains for the bay window. The bay window is tricky tricky. Not only is it a tricky shape but it has a shelves built above it so it makes it hard to get a rod to fit. BUT Jacob prevailed. We have 2 different kinds of rods we have to take back and exchange for the rods we found that do work but we do have 2 curtains hung up right now and they look good!
Yesterday we went to Target and spent all of our gift cards and cash for our showers. We bought our travel system (infant car seat and stroller), extra crib sheets, sheet savers, pacifiers, laundry hamper, a basket for the dresser/changing table, 2 matching baskets for the book shelves, and some toiletries for my hospital bag. We looked pretty funny at Target because we had so much stuff that we each had to have a shopping cart. Jacob got our stroller put together in about 5 mins and it is so easy to use (granted we played with it sans baby). I love how the infant carrier/car seat pops in and out of the car seat base and stroller so easily.
I packed my hospital bag. So I've got that ready by the door. I also have another bag that is empty so we can throw Jacob's stuff (PJs, change of clothes and toiletries) into last minute. But I had to pack my essential stuff because Jacob was afraid if I didn't then he would have to pack at the last minute and we would end up with a bag full of nonsense like screw drivers, one shoe, waldo, and peanut butter. I still haven't packed my "going home" outfit though. I only have like 3 pair of maternity pants that I enjoy wearing so I don't want to pack one of them now because they will be out of my wardrobe circulation til Charlotte comes. So I'll just grab whatever is clean when labor comes.
I'm hoping that a sense of calm will magically come over me when this labor business comes because right now I'm not sure I'm ready for this. But ready or not she's coming in 11 days (ish)! That's nuts.
Tomorrow, well I guess today, Jacob should have the curtains up in Charlotte's room so I'll try to post some pictures. Her room is really looking good and I'm so glad we only have a few minor details to finish up.
Alright... I think it's time for me to try to get some sleep.
"we would end up with a bag full of nonsense like screw drivers, one shoe, waldo, and peanut butter." I laughed out loud.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be ready when the time comes and you're gonna be a great mama... I'm excited for y'all and I can't wait to see the baby's room complete with a baby Chuck. (that has a nice ring to it, right?)
You're getting sooo close! It can happen any tie now! Can't wait to hear that it's time :)
ReplyDeleteHey, heyy - she's a watermelon!!!!!!!! Jacob is right about what he would pack. Glad you have that taken care of. Just concentrate on trying to feel better!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it the worst? These last few weeks when you wish you could sleep constantly to "stock up" before the baby comes, and you're so freaking uncomfortable that you can't sleep at all. I was the same way.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I also got a horrendous sinus infection a few days before my induction. If you don't feel better soon, go to the doctor-- I can tell you from personal experience that having a terrible cough while you're having contractions is no fun. (And don't get me started on what happens once your water has broken and you can't stop coughing...yech.) :)