Thursday, October 21, 2010

28 weeks- 3rd Tri

I'm waiting at the doctor's office for them to draw my blood. I'm having my glucose test today. I just finished with the doctor and everything looks good. BP 111/74 Baby's HB is 147. Thankfully my weight slowed down and I only gained 3 pounds in the past 4 weeks.... Last time I had gained 11 pounds in the same amount of time.
My belly is measuring right along with my due date. No swelling. All in all, everything looks great. I'll let you know how this glucose thing goes. The drink was like a super sweet sprite without carbonation. It was kinda gross. But I had to remember my college days and just chug it. Ha

I'm rotating to see all the doctors here because different ones could be on call when I go into labor so they want me to meet them all. Well I had the same doctor this time that I had at my last visit. Last time I really did not like him that much but I liked him a lot this time. Maybe I was just moody last time because he was exceptionally nice this time. Who knows maybe I'm crazy. Ha

I've been obsessed with looking at photographers' websites lately. I love all the newborn pics. We found one photographer that we liked but she sent us the price list and it was a little bit ridiculous. And it seems like none of them like to give you the digital proofs (for a reasonable price)so you can print your own. But I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures of her on my camera that I can print at walgreens. My 3 favorite ones that I've found so far are KristenReed Photography, Only Photography, and Carrie Prewitt Photography. I'm still waiting to get a price list from Only though. Does anyone have any other suggestions of photographers we should check out?

I can't wait for this appointment to be over so we can head to Chi-Town! Woo! 10 more minutes til they draw my blood...
Come on!

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Carrie Prewitt as in the music professor at lambuth??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina Only is very reasonable! $185 for the newborn first year package and you can buy as many or as few prints as you want. They aren't too expensive either. Oh, and our dresser is from JC Penney's and we really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everything is going great!!! Have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newborn photographers can be ridiculously expensive. :( While so many of the shots are precious, I feel like some of them kind of take advantage of the fact that you're sentimental and emotional and want pics of your baby while they are so tiny.

    Ours was $200 for the session fee, then she had a minimum of $350 on prints/products to order. We ended up purchasing 6 of the digital files-- one came with our session fee & the others were 5 images for $450. Insane, huh? (Buying all of the digital images was $1200!!!!)

    P.S.-- Can't believe you're in the 3rd Tri! Good luck on the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should check out Starla Steward Photography (her name is Starla Holl now though). I worked with her at the Jackson Sun while she was just starting her photo business and working as a graphic designer. She is WONDERFUL... great person and great photographer. Here's her website! http://www.starlaphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to use Jennifer Mikkelson for mine.
    http://jennifermikkelsen.zenfolio.com/
    She did our maternity pics and is so unbelievably reasonably priced. The sitting fee was only $30 for about 45 minutes of shooting pics and the pictures are cheap too (4x6 was only $2). She had our proofs online about a day after taking them and it only took a week to get them in. I was scared that it was too cheap and I'd get crappy results but was totally wrong.

    ReplyDelete